KGHI FM future programming may include:
- Starting with a classical foundation for the radio station, KGHI FM will not only feature the Grays Harbor Symphony, but local bands, blues, bluegrass, labor and women’s music.
- Original programs will include live theatre broadcast in partnership with the Grays Harbor College and local High Schools.
- Readings featuring local poets and authors
- Pre-school stories and songs
- K-12 programs
- Youth speak – teen programming with Aberdeen, Taholah and Lake Quinault school radio programs
- Talk shows featuring progressive perspective politics and discussions
- City council meetings and local government
- Weather, emergency broadcasting during weather events
- Labor news and issues
- Environmental news and issues
- Latino/Latina music and issues
- Grays Harbor Institute speakers
- Prisons – Prisons, issues and programs
- Surfing and other water-related events, issues and music
- Remote reporting and projects as they happen
- The Market Report – reports on local agriculture, co-ops and farmers markets
- Point Chehalis – fishing and weather news for commercial and recreational boat users
- Historical Grays Harbor – museums, Historical Seaport, Lady Washington, Hawaiian Chieftan
- Old time radio and original radio programs
You can host a program – Our station has some of the most sophisticated programming capabilities on the Harbor. If approved to broadcast, you can provide a one-time, weekly or monthly radio program.
Click here for application.